Construction Project Management Associate
San Francisco, California
About Terawatt Infrastructure
Terawatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. Our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The market for EV charging infrastructure is expected to grow to $1 trillion by 2040. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At Terawatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions.
At Terawatt, we own, develop, operate, and maintain charging sites and operational solutions to form the backbone of commercial EV transport in the U.S. We execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At Terawatt, we continuously strive to foster inclusion, humility, energizing relationships, and belonging, and welcome new ideas. We're growing and want you to grow with us. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
The ideal candidate will be captivated by the idea of developing sites that enable the rapid scaling of the electric vehicle electrification market and the infrastructure required to support the transition to electrified transport. In this role, you will work closely with other more Sr. Project Managers, site development managers, and real estate teams to understand, identify, and support site development campaigns and advanced development activities on select sites. Such activities may include permitting, utility interconnection, engineering & design and construction contractor engagement. Though technical training by trade is preferred, it is not required. You must understand and have some level of background in engineering, construction management, or site development. You must demonstrate concepts with strong critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) along with the necessary range of responsibilities from quantitative analysis to successful external stakeholder engagement. You are a self-starter with the proven ability to take ownership and initiative. You have strong attention to detail and organizational capacity to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities. Preference will be given to database management skills (Procore and Smartsheets) to assist other project managers in the development and management of project schedules, budgets, and other internal project control and reporting tools. You will cultivate your development expertise and grow with the team to deliver world class EV solutions and sites, allowing the Company to help an increasing number of fleets and heavy trucks electrify with confidence.
- Develop and manage project control tools, such as project schedules and budgets
- Identify and address potential issues and manage tasks to advance site development activities
- Identify brownfield and greenfield sites for electrification: electric vehicles, solar and storage development.
- Research and obtain critical market or site-specific information necessary to achieve site development goals.
- Identify project constraints and mitigations solutions
- Analyze various elements required to deliver a viable site, develop schedule recommendations for completion timelines
- Prepare and provide site documentation to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Break projects into achievable tasks, set schedules and goals, manage workflows
- Schedule regular meetings and record decisions via note-taking
- Ensure deliverables meet high quality standards
- Participate in expense management reporting
- Work cohesively and collaboratively with internal stakeholders from development partners, Business Development, Product, Energy & Utilities, Technology, Site Operations, Business Development, and Finance teams.
- Be a principal evangelist for the electrification of transport, and the Company’s role in making it happen
- Travel as needed (anticipated to be under 30%) to remote job sites for consultation, progress updates, and conflict resolution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional project management environment, preferred experience with any of the following: renewable energy development, vehicle electrification, EV charging infrastructure, clean energy, power grids, electrical construction, general contractor work, or electric utilities.
- Four-year degree or equivalent hands on engineering and construction project management experience.
- Experience in project management, with organizational and analytical problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Familiarity with large project management tools, software, contracting structures and projects like Procore, Smartsheets, and DealPath.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Terawatt is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, we will take steps to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the position, please contact email@example.com.
Terawatt Infrastructure is an equal-opportunity employer.