Head of EVSE Hardware Product Engineering
San Francisco, California
About Terawatt Infrastructure
Terawatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. Our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The market for EV charging infrastructure is expected to grow to $1 trillion by 2040. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At Terawatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions.
At Terawatt, we own, develop, operate, and maintain charging sites and operational solutions to form the backbone of commercial EV transport in the U.S. We execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At Terawatt, we continuously strive to foster inclusion, humility, energizing relationships, and belonging, and welcome new ideas. We're growing and want you to grow with us. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Terawatt's goal is to lead the industry in reliability and set the model example of EV charging uptime, especially for fleets. The Terawatt brand name should equal the most reliable charging experience in the industry.
One of Terawatt's Core Values is "Electrify the Customer". This role is a key technical leadership position to allow our fleet customers to complete a charging session by setting the strategy and the technical direction for TeraWatt's EVSE hardware assets. TeraWatt is looking for a Head of EVSE Hardware Product Engineering to create the EVSE hardware program and the related EVSE product offering.
In this role, the leader will lead the team is responsible for the following: strategic EVSE hardware partner selection, EV <> EVSE <> CMS automated testing, and vehicle OEM interoperability testing. Your passion for world class EV charging hardware allows you to lead by example - live, breathe, eat high powered system. Additionally, you will lead a small team of EVSE Validation Engineers, EVSE Testing Engineers, and IOT software engineers who are experts in the hardware required. Lastly, you will lead the technical path to MCS and help position TeraWatt as the thought leader on the domain.
This position is critical in leading the creation of a world-class charging experience for our fleet customers. The EVSE team's role is to ensure that TeraWatt's selected charging systems operate with maximum uptime while delivering a seamless customer experience. You will be tasked with building a small but powerful organization and leveraging your management expertise to help create the best EV charging platform in North America. If you have a proven track record of managing a team, working flawlessly with executive stakeholders on large-budget programs, and experience with EVSEs and high-powered electronic systems, then you have the opportunity to transform the world and reduce GHG emissions!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Create the technical EVSE strategy that is responsible for executing on the highest levels of plug in success rates from a hardware perspective.
- Build and manage the team that is responsible for EVSE Development.
- Work with the senior leadership team on EVSE program management, including budgets for EVSE testing equipment and testing facilities.
- Direct the creation, revisions and management of EVSE hardware product requirements documents (PRD).
- Select and qualify existing EVSE vendors, suppliers, products and 3rd party services required for commercial deployment.
- Build and maintain senior technical relationships with EVSE partners.
- Work with Field Service to help resolve complex hardware-related problems for Terawatt's fleet customers.
- Work with executive stakeholders and the product team to develop and integrate MCS into the company roadmap.
- Represent Terawatt in attendance of industry/networking events to help create thought leadership positions on reliability.
- Work with Vehicle OEMs on Plug-and-Charge experiences.
- Work with VP of Technology on other EV Charging technology projects as directed.
- In depth knowledge of DC Fast Charger EVSE vendors product lines
- 5+ years in the EV ecosystem
- Demonstrable management and executive stakeholder experience to explain the why for EVSE program investments.
- Demonstrable skills in presenting to leadership the program vision, technical strategy, and complex root cause analysis.
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team of hardware-focused engineers.
- Direct hands-on experience with electrified vehicles and related HV componentry such as DC/DC converters, Li-ion batteries, high-power DC chargers, etc.
- Electrical Engineering in Power Electronics background or similar demonstrable experience.
- Knowledge of safety and EMI requirements related to high-power applications
- Ability to lead diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical systems using basic tools such as a function generator, multimeter, oscilloscope, hi-pot tester, megger ohm meter, etc
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Terawatt is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, we will take steps to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terawatt Infrastructure is an equal-opportunity employer.