Senior Field Service Technician
San Francisco, California
About Terawatt Infrastructure
Terawatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. Our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The market for EV charging infrastructure is expected to grow to $1 trillion by 2040. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At Terawatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions.
At Terawatt, we own, develop, operate, and maintain charging sites and operational solutions to form the backbone of commercial EV transport in the U.S. We execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At Terawatt, we continuously strive to foster inclusion, humility, energizing relationships, and belonging, and welcome new ideas. We're growing and want you to grow with us. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Terawatt is creating a new asset class of EV charging infrastructure to support the rapidly growing fleet EV market. Working on the cutting edge of electrification, the Senior Field Service Technician will play a critical role in developing an industry leading maintenance and service program for TeraWatt customers. The key function of the Senior Field Service Technician will be to maintain, troubleshoot and repair all electrical infrastructure equipment from the incoming utility switchboard to the EVSE that provides a mission critical fuel source to our customers. You will develop a robust maintenance program that will directly impact our mission of 97% EVSE uptime. The Senior Field Service Technician will work in close collaboration with, our internal Engineering, Operations, and Project Development teams. In this nascent market, our customers’ needs and the available technology are rapidly evolving, requiring a responsive and dynamic set of operations and service offerings. In many cases, customers will be engaging with a charging product for the first time and you will be responsible for defining their experience. You will be able to drive impact by enabling customers to operate their electric fleets more easily, helping their companies transition to low-emission transport.
- Performs Service tasks, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in any Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.)
- Respond to preventive and corrective maintenance cases on Power Control Systems, commercial energy storage systems, vehicle charging stations, High/Low voltage power systems and updating online case logs accurately.
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to provided scope of work and expectation. Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs.
- Identifies new sales opportunities and communicates them internally.
- Coordinates, prepares, and ensures that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for service activities.
- Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports completed in a timely manner and follows up when needed.
- Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and requests proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid potential repeating the problem in the future.
- Proactively identifies suggestions for product and quality improvement and communicates them further with the TeraWatt team. Provides recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service.
- Applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years maintenance or electrical experience.
- Electrical trades experience within troubleshooting power electronics and low voltage controls.
- Ability to navigate NEC guidelines and knowledge of NFPA 70E practices.
- Previous electrical trades experience working with power/hand tools, electrical equipment, isolation meters and multimeters.
- Attend site daily and travel up to 2 weeks at a time with short notice and flexibility to work on weekends and overtime.
- Ability to work at great heights, work in extreme environments, perform prolonged periods of repetitious duties, lift at least 50 pounds frequently.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record.
- Strong computer skills. Comfort with Microsoft office and cloud-based computing programs.
- Ability to communicate and function well in a mobile office setting.
- CPR & Low Voltage Rescue
- SCADA experience is a plus.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
TeraWatt Field Operations Physical Requirements
- The ideal applicant must also meet the requirements described in this list with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to complete and pass all OSHA Certifications and trainings related to the role.
- Move around the site to accomplish assigned tasks (i.e, maneuver equipment)
- Move (floor to waist, waist to shoulder, above shoulder) in execution of assigned tasks:
- Transport items as part of daily tasks (i.e, tools)
- Use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward
- Use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling or slipping during execution of tasks
- Bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist to retrieve items at/from floor lever (i.e, lifting supplies/equipment)
- Bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees (i.e. reach items on floor, plug-in equipment, etc.)
- Move equipment, which requires an ability to grasp and control the item being moved (up to 50 lbs)
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Terawatt is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, we will take steps to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the position, please contact email@example.com.
Terawatt Infrastructure is an equal-opportunity employer.